Moving your entire family to Florida is a long and complicated process unless you are organized and informed. Florida is not only a perfect place for retirees, but also for families and kids. It is safe, affordable, it has good schools, beautiful parks, beaches, and amazing weather. There are many advantages of living in FL with a family, but first, prepare for relocation.
Plan together with your family
If your kids are old enough to help you out, include them in the process too. If you need to pack and move a nursery, plan it together with your partner. Don’t plan and organize FL relocation alone. It has too much work.
Choose a moving date
Choose the best moment for moving. Consider these factors when choosing a moving date:
- When your partner can leave a job?
- When you will start working in Florida?
- Read the lease agreement and see when you need to move out of your home
- If your kids are going to school, you better move during the summer break
Make a game from packing
Packing takes a lot of time. Kids often don’t love to work, but they love to play games. This way, the entire family will pack and you will have fun. Some game ideas:
- Seek and find – your kids need to find one category of items, Christmas decorations or sports equipment, and to put them in one box.
- Award for speed packing – give an award to a child who will first pack toys or books.
Hiring a moving company for moving your entire family to Florida
To spend more time with your family and to have a faster move, hire professional movers. Especially when moving long-distance. If you don’t know where to start looking, you may start here on this website getmovedtoday.com. A moving company will pack and move all the items, and you can transfer documents, search for a new family home, research schools, etc.
Additional family moving tips
Quick and simple tips
- When moving your entire family to Florida pack an essential box for the entire family
- Label all the boxes
- Update documents in advance when moving to a new address in Boca Raton
- Ask your friend to watch your kids while you packing
- Make an inventory list
- On moving day, ask your parents to take care of kids while loading boxes into a moving van
The best places in FL to live with a family
Long-distance moves like moving from CA to FL are stressful but when you know that your new place is safe, affordable, and family-friendly, you will take it better. These are some of the Florida cities good for families and kids according to education, commute time, household costs, and safety.
- Boca Raton
- Cooper City
- Ormond Beach
- Winter Springs
- Port Orange
- Miami Lakes
You should consider these 10 cities in FL if you didn’t decide where to move. Moving your entire family to Florida can be fun too, not only exhausting. Prepare yourself and your family for relocation and ask for help. You don’t have to do everything alone.