Leaving the USA and moving overseas is not easy, especially moving to the Middle East. Everything is different there. Food, culture, laws, people, etc. In this case, if you are preparing for moving from LA to Riyadh, there are a lot of things to know before you relocate and start a new life abroad.
What to know before moving from LA to Riyadh
Before this big relocation, there are a lot of things to learn and prepare.
- Get a visa and you should know that your passport must be valid for at least 6 months.
- Get insurance because insurance for ex-pats in Riyadh is not free, but you should know that they have a high standard. Also, visit a doctor before you leave and get all the required vaccinations.
- If moving from LA to Riyadh with kids, explore private schools, you will have a lot of options.
- Prepare for a different life over there. You can keep maintaining your LA lifestyle after moving abroad, but you will need to adjust to the different clothing, no alcohol, etc.
- The weather in LA and Riyadh is similar, but humidity in LA is higher. But, don’t pack too revealing clothing (even wearing a bikini on the beach is forbidden).
- If you are moving with your girlfriend/boyfriend to KSA, you should know that you cannot live together if you are married. Kissing and dancing on the street is also forbidden.
- Pay attention to what you are packing because some items are forbidden to import in Saudi Arabia. Get help with customs procedures and learn what you can and cannot move to Riyadh.
- Ramadan is a holy month in Muslim countries, and during this month, all Muslims are fasting all day long. They don’t even drink water. When the night comes, the streets are full of people eating and spending time with friends and family.
- Islam is a big part of life in KSA (and other Muslim countries). Laws are also following the Kuran, that will be one of the biggest changes for you.
How to move to KSA from California?
Overseas relocations require professional help. Help from a moving company that is reliable and experienced. Where to find a company like that. First, search online and read online moving reviews. One of the websites to visit is fourwinds-ksa.com.
Moving costs from LA to Riyadh will depend on the size of your move, travel fees, paying for visa and other documents, etc. Most Americans moving to Asia for work, so a company that will hire you should cover some of the costs.
When moving from LA to Riyadh it will be stressful and very emotional. One of the first steps is to hire an international moving company, besides preparing all the documents for moving, of course. Good luck with your big relocation!