So you are planning to move to LA? Congrats! We are aware that moving to a city like LA can be a tough decision to make and a big step to take. You will probably ask yourself so many questions and do a lot of research. That is exactly the reason we are here – to support you and try to help you with your moving process. We want to stick up for you so you can hire a good moving company for your relocation to LA. And all this without much stress and tension. Relocating to LA can either be scary or the best thing you will ever do in your life, both for your career and yourself.
The decision to move to a city like Los Angeles is a big one and not easy to make. You will definitely ask yourself plenty of questions and do a lot of research. You hope that you will be brave and smart enough to finally make up your mind about your relocation. We are here to support you in your mission of moving to LA. In this article we will give you some tips on picking and hiring the right moving company.
Moving companies in Los Angeles
When it comes to moving to LA, it’s more involved than just packing boxes and loading them into a truck. Before relocating to the city of Los Angeles, you must be aware of some facts. Although moving is an exciting adventure, it is also one stressful process. And it often can be difficult to execute that process. Therefore, you need to be well prepared. There is a lot of research to do and a lot of information to collect. You need to know that moving companies are ready to help you. It doesn’t matter if you are moving from another country in California, or from out of state. Be prepared to do a careful planning and get evaluation from various moving companies before you choose one for hire. You have to decide on your moving company wisely.
In this article we will help you differentiate between all sorts of evaluation and mistakes to avoid.
Pick a right professional moving company
When it comes to choosing a moving company in California, you have many options. Hiring a professional moving company with reputation is, without doubt, a clever choice. But, you cannot forget considering the price of the moving services that these companies are offering. You must think about the budget you have and make a decision based on your financial possibilities. You want your personal things to be in good hands. Also, you want your household to be delivered to LA with the maximum of efficiency and professionalism. The point is that in the end of the day you can say that your move was smooth and successful.
Try to downsize before you relocate
Try to make a moving experience less stressful and less expensive. Take an inventory of all your items and consider donating some of them to a charitable organization.
Moving companies charge a rate based on what they will be moving. So have a shorter list and it will cost you less in the end. If you are moving large items, make sure that the mover specializes in transporting these items. We are talking about items like boats, motorcycles or even your car.
Check the price and the service moving company is offering you
When you pick a moving company to transport your household items across a long distance, reliability and reputation should top your list of priorities. The ideal scenario would be to find a moving company in LA that has reasonable prices, but you still have to make sure that they offer insurance for your things. You must be careful because some companies offer excessively cheap price for the moving service. That may seem as a good choice, but be aware that companies like that often do not offer insurance for your items or some services that are crucial for your relocation and they also may be fraudulent moving companies. Because of that you need to check both the price and the quality of services that moving companies are offering. You must find a moving company that exceeds your expectations, meets your needs and fits your budget.
We are offering you a list with things you want to check when choosing a good moving company:
- Check if the mover offers insurance coverage – You must be sure that you are insured during the transportation. Always pick a moving company that offers insurance coverage. Carefully read the insurance policy you are getting.
- Licensed service – Check if the moving company is licensed to do the moving. If they do have the U.S. Dot number, verify that information through the U.S. Department of Transportation. Verifying the legitimacy of the moving company can ensure that your things are being transported legally and safely.
- Reputation – Experience of the previous clients that moved to Hollywood with same company is important information. Choose the reputable moving company when moving to Los Angeles.
- Search the web and local newspaper – You should explore all the information you can find about the moving company you are about to hire. If you cannot find any information than do not hire that specific mover.
- Efficiency – How fast the mover is conducting the relocation means how fast you will move.
- Cost-effectiveness – You want to save money when picking a moving company. Also you want to pick the quality movers that are specialists in their business.
- Experience – You should check the background of the moving company you are hiring and see how long do they do the moving job.
- Awards – If the mover you are hiring is an award winner, you should take it seriously under consideration. A quality moving company gets the reward.
- Extra services – It is a good thing if the moving company you are taking into consideration has some extra services to offer for the same price. This may be a factor that helps you make up your mind.
Common mistakes you should try to avoid when moving to Hollywood
Relocating is a stressful and anxiety-inducing process. So it is normal that when you are stuck with the different taxing projects about moving, some important tasks may escape you. You may forget to take some significant measures that are crucial for your easy and carefree relocation. Here are some tips on preventing the most common mistakes when moving:
- Not getting an estimate. Moving companies will offer you two types of estimates: binding and non-binding. A binding estimate is a legal document and cannot be changed. A non-binding estimate offers you an idea of the cost of your move. Do not hesitate to ask the mover about extra charges to avoid any surprise.
- Not planning in advance and all the movers are booked up. It is very important that you do not waste time and delay your tasks. You do not want to end up without a good and reliable moving company. You need to do all the research three to four months before your arranged move.
- Not obtaining additional insurance.
The default compensation movers provide for damaged or lost goods is just 60 cents per pound per item, which is known as Released Value Protection. That is why you may want to purchase additional insurance. Full Value Protection guarantees you that the mover will replace the lost or broken good, restore the article, or compensate you with its full value.